Bean sprouts can be easily grown at home using mung beans. Here are the steps to seed bean sprouts:
- Rinse the mung beans thoroughly and soak them in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After the soaking period, drain the water and rinse the beans again.
- Place the beans in a glass jar or a container with a lid. Make sure the container is clean and has enough space for the beans to grow.
- Cover the container with a lid or a piece of cloth to prevent dust or insects from getting in, but still allow air to circulate.
- Place the container in a warm and dark place, such as a cupboard or a pantry.
- Rinse the beans with water two to three times a day, making sure to drain the water thoroughly each time.
- After two to four days, the sprouts should be ready to harvest. Rinse them with water one last time and remove any remaining bean skins or roots.
- Store the bean sprouts in the refrigerator and consume within a few days.
Note: Always make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before handling the beans or the sprouts to prevent contamination.