Savoy cabbage is a type of cabbage that has a crinkly, savoyed texture and a mild, sweet flavor. It is a nutritious vegetable that offers several health benefits. Here are some of them:
- Low in Calories: Savoy cabbage is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a great choice for weight management and digestive health.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Savoy cabbage is rich in vitamins C, K, and B6, as well as potassium and calcium, which are important for bone health.
- Antioxidant Properties: Savoy cabbage contains antioxidants such as beta-carotene and vitamin C, which can help protect against cell damage caused by free radicals.
- Supports Heart Health: Savoy cabbage is low in fat and cholesterol and can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Savoy cabbage contains compounds such as kaempferol, which have anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Supports Immune System: Savoy cabbage is rich in vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy immune system.
- May help prevent cancer: Savoy cabbage contains compounds such as sulforaphane, which have been shown to have anti-cancer properties.
Overall, savoy cabbage is a nutritious vegetable that can provide numerous health benefits when consumed as part of a balanced diet.