Making peanut butter at home is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. Here’s a basic recipe to make homemade peanut butter:
- 2 cups unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1-2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as vegetable or canola oil (optional)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Place the peanuts in a food processor or blender. If you prefer smooth peanut butter, you can remove the skins by rubbing the peanuts between your hands or using a paper towel to remove any loose skins.
- Process the peanuts until they are finely ground. At this point, the mixture will look dry and crumbly.
- If desired, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to the mixture to help it come together and give it a creamier texture. Process for an additional 1-2 minutes until the peanut butter reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste the peanut butter and add salt to taste, if desired.
- Transfer the peanut butter to a clean jar or container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
You can also customize this basic recipe by adding other ingredients, such as honey, cinnamon, or chocolate chips, to create your own unique flavor combinations. Enjoy your homemade peanut butter as a spread on toast or crackers, as a dip for fruits and vegetables, or in a variety of sweet and savory recipes.