Walnut cookies are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that are perfect for any occasion. Here’s a simple recipe to make walnut cookies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Note: You can also add other ingredients, such as chocolate chips or dried cranberries, to customize the flavor of your walnut cookies. Enjoy!