Walnut sauce, also known as Tarator or Walnut Dip, is a traditional sauce from the Balkans and Mediterranean regions that is often served with grilled meats, vegetables, or as a dip for bread. Here’s a simple recipe to make walnut sauce:
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until they are finely ground.
- Add the water, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the walnut sauce to a serving dish and garnish with additional chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Serve the walnut sauce with grilled meats, roasted vegetables, or as a dip for bread.
Note: You can also add other ingredients, such as fresh herbs like dill or parsley, to customize the flavor of your walnut sauce. Enjoy!